I’m writing this blog post while enjoying myself inside of a lovely French/European style Cafe in San Jose, CA. A slow start to the day was needed and its been a relaxing day thus far. This past week has been all about exploring, taking snapshots, eating everything in sight, and simply relaxing with family and friends. These warm summer days have been needed and visiting my home town has been great! Each town that I have visited has brought its own unique taste, sights, smells and sounds. I can never get bored of visiting these towns that truly exhibit their own charm and characteristics, such as The Mission, Fischermans Wharf, Berkeley, & the Silicon Valley. There are many area’s to explore and visit and these are just a few of the places I often find myself rummaging and exploring through. I’m big on eating, enjoying delicious food, and supporting local business. Here are a few spots to grub’ on when visiting the Bay Area / Nor’ Cal.
1) Flower Flour, European Bakery and Floral Cafe // Address: 896 Willow St, San Jose, CA 95125
– Try the crepes! They are freshly made to order. My favorite was the herbed chicken crepe and the roasted vegetable crepe. Both of the savory crepes display a delicious flavor and have some of the freshest and tastiest ingredients. Flower flour bakery uses seasonal ingredients and you can most certainly taste it in the crepes. I am sure the sandwiches and soups are lovely as well. Their cafe latte and European style style pastries are also nice – give’ em a try if in the San Jose area!
2) House of Bagels // Address: 505 E San Carlos St, San Jose, CA 95112
– What a lovely and quaint little bagel shoppe! Tucked in a quiet little neighborhood in San Jose. Their are many locals and college students that flock over here to grab some delish bagels. The shoppe itself displays itself in a cosy little brick looking home, with many people waiting in long lines to get the good stuff. Luckily, when I visited, the lines weren’t too long. Many of the locals were super friendly and did not hesitate to chat up a good storm. So on to the food! Try the pesto bagel with lox! Have ’em make it toasty. Its super delicious, creamy, hefty and you simply cant go wrong with this delicious bagel sandwich. The smoked salmon is fresh tasting and complements well with the pesto bagel. Their are many cream cheese spreads to choose from as well. Try the chive cream cheese spread! Yumo!
3) Millbrae Pancake House // 1301 El Camino Real, Millbrae, CA 94030
– Such a cosy and lovely little breakfast cafe tucked in the neighborhoods of Millbrae. Their are many options for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I tried their Swedish Pancakes served with lingonberry butter. It was different yet tasty. Scrambled eggs were fluffy and the fruit cup was fresh and crisp. Not into pancakes? Try their tuna melt! It was heavenly. Savory, cheesy and melty! Grab yourself a hearty meal before venturing out into the city.
🙂 That’s it for now my dearies! Their are many other places that I tried which were just as delish. Although these spots hit up some memorable moments for me. Are their any diners, bakeries or cafes that you just love to visit? Any places in particular that you visit when traveling to your favorite cities?
Cheers // Sehrah x x